Re: IBM thinkpad X60 on debian..

Lubos Rendek:

> Can anyone suggest a notebook which would be a perfect choice for
> installing Debian in terms of hardware support and power management. I
> do not need anything fancy what I'm more concerned about is that it
> should have VGA out, long battery life and easy to carry.

I am running sid on a Thinkpad X200 (12" with standard size keyboard,
1.5kg). The medium sized six-cell battery lasts about 4-5.5 hours, but
there are nine-cell batteries as well.

> At the moment I'm thinking about IBM thinkpad X60 as a right choice
> but I'm not sure about the Debian's power management for this type of
> laptop.

What do you mean by "Debian's power management"? Debian doesn't do
anything special. The most important part is to use a current kernel.
2.6.33 brought a noticeable drop in power usage on my system. But you
might have trouble running such a recent kernel on a lenny system.

J.
--
I think the environment will be okay.
[Agree]   [Disagree]