Re: Not able to change password with passwd

Sjoerd Hardeman <sjoerd <at> lorentz.leidenuniv.nl> writes:

> > Mar 22 13:24:48 fp passwd[2001]: pam_winbind(passwd:chauthtok): valid_user:
> > wbcGetpwnam gave WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND
> So you're trying to authenticate against a windows domain controller. Is
> that indeed your setup?

Absolutely not. I wonder how this configuration came in place, considering I
installed the server recently from scratch and edited configuration-files very
carefully and tried to understand every single thing I changed anywhere. I
installed samba, though, and edited its configurationfile smb.conf. I'll have to
look into this issue and find out where this is configured (in /etc/pam.d/ I
guess) and change it. Thanks for the hint.