Re: Transferring files over SSH in the console

On 2010-03-21 19:34, Dotan Cohen wrote:
That could be worded better. I meant that "lls" does not exist in
sftp, but it is something that I've always wanted.
"man ssh" and "man scp" really are your friends!

From machine_a:
   $ ssh user@machine_b ls -aFl /some/remote/dir

No, that's a workaround. I'll have RSI before I get all that out,
assuming I even remember the username, password, IP address, and full
path to the directory in question!

Aliases, scripts and passwordless login.

"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak
or the timid."  Dwight Eisenhower