Re: MTA takes so much time to start (at boot)

* 2010-03-21 09:56 (+0100), Merciadri Luca wrote:

> I think that it is a well-known thing that some MTAs (if not all) take
> some time to start (at boot).

> Does exim4 really need so much time to launch/start? If so, why? I
> need it, and I cannot deactivate it, but this slows down my boot.

I don't know answers to all your questions but sometimes I have had
similar problems. I fixed the slow startup by answering "Yes" to the
debconf question

    Keep number of DNS-queries minimal (Dial-on-Demand)?

Run "dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config" as root.

--
Feel free to Cc me your replies if you want to make sure I'll notice
them. I can't read all the list mail.