Re: MTA takes so much time to start (at boot)

On 2010-03-21 03:56, Merciadri Luca wrote:

Hi,

I think that it is a well-known thing that some MTAs (if not all) take
some time to start (at boot). But I sometimes need to wait ~30
secs. with this output:

==
Starting MTA:
==

After this time, `exim4' is simply appended to this line. Does exim4
really need so much time to launch/start? If so, why? I need it, and I
cannot deactivate it, but this slows down my boot.

Is your MTA only doing local delivery or going out to the world?

--
Obsession with "preserving cultural heritage" is a racist impediment
to moral, physical and intellectual progress.