Re: Fixed Wireless CDMA Terminal Huawei ETS2252+ problem not driver for Linux :(

On 10-03-20 05:06:56, Giancarlo Pegoraro wrote:
> Hi,
> This's my first message in this list. I'm sorry for my english :-)
> I use a Debian/Squezze and living in Mozambique. My provider
> telephon/internet change the hardware from Huawei ETS2252 to Huawei
> ETS2252+. The adaptador usb/seria for ETS2252 is a texas instrument
> "ti_usb_3410" and no problem with my linuxbox.
> But with ETS2252+ not function :(
> I'm not find any information on internet :-)
> I try any rules for udev and "usb-modeswitch", but nothing :-(
> Before I call to huawei Mozambique, I post here my problem for any
> idea.
> Thanks for your help
> Ciao Genki ):o))

I don't (yet) see any relevant responses, so here's what I can offer.

I have seen a recent discussion of usb_modeswitch relative to Huawei
devices on the Fedora Devel list, with the subject "usb_modeswitch by
default"[1].  If the discussion there doesn't help, at least you might
be able to politely contact someone who knows (the Fedora Devel list is
not for, umm, Debian user questions); if you find the answer, bring it
back here so it may help others.

[1]
<http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2010-March/132169.html>

p.s. Your English seems pretty good, and so much better than the only
other language I studied beyond my native English.

TonyN.:'                       <mailto:tonynelson@georgeanelson.com>