Re: Kernel headers for 2.6.32-trunk-686?

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 17:46:55 -0400 (EDT), Jen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My name is Jen, and I'm new to the list.  I've been playing with
> Linux on and off for about a year, but have only recently found a
> distro that meets my accessibility needs (Debian unstable).  It's
> also a great learning tool :P
>
> I need to build some packages from source, and I need kernel
> headers to do it. I can't find the headers I need, when I try to
> install them in the conventional way I get the error 'package not
> found'.
>
> An 'apt-cache search' finds nothing. Can someone please tell me
> where to get the kernel headers for 2.6.32-trunk-686, and how I
> install them?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Jen!

Hi, Jen.  Since you're new, here's a little something to get you
started on the right foot, in case you haven't seen this.

In addition to the offical rules, there are a couple of unofficial
rules:

   1. Don't "top post": use the usenet style of quoting
      (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_posting)

   2. Trim your posts (also covered in the above article)

Now, about your original question, the 2.6.32-trunk kernels have
recently been obsoleted.  You should use the 2.6.32-3 kernels (and
their headers) instead.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinuxman@wowway.com>
 : :'  :