Re: How to reduce a debian system to a base system

On Friday 19 March 2010 03:52:44 pm Mike Viau wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 20:31:44 -0300 <rogluz.news@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Ok the bigger problem you should have is "what is a base system"
>
> I agree, what a base system means can be different among users.

I was refering to what Debian calls a 'base' intall and 'standard'. When you
install Debian (net install) the base system is installed, then a reboot is done
to install any 'tasksel' (gnome the default or alternate desktops) items. i
think 'standard' packages are added if you allow aptitude to run after the first
reboot without selecting any  additional tasks. hope this makes sense.