Re: Still Unable To Restart Networking

> I asked the list last week why I am unable to restart my networking
> service on Debian...
> /etc/init.d/networking restart
> That command no longer seems to work in Debian Linux. I was then told
> to try some kind of "invoke-rc.d/networking restart and that fails to.
> Can someone please explain how an Administrator is expected to restart
> the networking services on Debian?

The link above is my previous post to your initial request. Please
look at the syntax properly and please ignore the "invoke-rc.d" option
if you want to follow the advice of the later poster who said that it
was not meant for sysadmins.

If you do not have Network Manager running:
/etc/init.d/networking  restart
or
service networking restart
or