Re: Theoretical drive swapidge.

On 2010-03-18 22:52, jeremy jozwik wrote:
On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 6:39 PM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
Do you mean the "replace the existing drive with a larger capacity drive"
form of "beefing up"?

yes. exactly that, i am considering installing a larger drive.

What exactly were your search terms?

something along the lines of "debian migrate to a larger drive." if
you want to know word for word what i search in my 3 attempts you will
have to wait till tomorrow when i go back to work.

s/debian/thinkpad x61/

[snip]

as this is the debian list figured most would assume this is a debian
question. it is now obvious that is not true.

:)

debian linux lenny running on a lenovo thinkpad x61 tablet. hard disk
currently in system is a 80gig slow lil 5400rpm sata. looking to
upgrade to a 7200 160 or 250 drive

7200RPM (remember, that's 1200RPS) drives get *hot*. I wouldn't put one in a laptop. (It's one of the tradeoffs you make for buying something that small.)