Re: why does resolv.conf change?

On 18.03.2010 16:53, Clive McBarton wrote:
> My /etc/resolv.conf gets overwritten periodically. Any ideas why?
>
> I thought network-manager was the culprit and deinstaled it, but the
> problem persists.

If you are using network-manager, you can easily

Open nm-connection-editor and select the connection your are using, got to the
ipv4 settings tab
In the "Method" dropdown box, specify "Automatic (DHCP) adressess only", and set
set your dns server and search domain to you wishes.

When you then activate that connection in nm-applet, network-manager will not
use the settings from the dhcp server but the one you've setup manually.

hth,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?