Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2010 #470

> >> According to every story I've read, Nouveau is constantly improving.
> >>
> >>   In fact, it was merged into 2.6.33.
> >>
> > So it was. Now that was release notes I really should have read.
> > I will go into make menuconfig and enable the module and maybe give the
> > old  card one more try. Need something better than a TNT in any event.
>
> Note that it is not enough to enable the kernel module, you will also
> need an X.Org driver, and there is currently no installable Debian
> package for it.  So you'll have to build it yourself; the instructions
> on http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/InstallNouveau might be helpful.

There seems to be no .config option to get the kernel module built. The up-to-
date Debian nvidia-legacy71xx kernel module will build using m-a just fine.

However, the Debian X.Org driver for this is not installable either (better
than pretending to install and fail like Nvidia's own!).

I assume that the old git code for the Xorg Nouveau driver has the same
problem.