Re: (OT) gnash vs. flash (was Re: Why does installing gnome ...)

On 3/17/2010 9:23 PM, Stephen Powell wrote:
1
But I'm just pragmatic enough that I want it to work.
If there was a reliable, stable, free flash plugin, I'd use it.  But
there's just too many flash sequences that the free stuff can't handle
properly.  At least not yet.  If web sites didn't use this stuff, then
we Linux users wouldn't have to worry about it.  But they do.  And as
much as I hate flash, I am forced to deal with it.  And I want something
that works.  The "it works" feature is the most important feature to me.
As soon as free software has that characteristic, I use it and dump the
proprietary stuff.  But it has to get there first.  That's my two cents
worth.

This.

MAA

Update: With both Gnash and Flash installed (ughhh), Chrome displays Flash video. I don't know whether it Gnash or Flash running, however.