Re: Why does installing gnome packages versioned 2.28+6 insist on installing gnash?

On 3/17/2010 2:08 PM, Mike Castle wrote:
On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 1:05 AM, Mark Allums<mark@allums.com>  wrote:
Gnash is a noble effort.  Gnash sucks.  I want choice, and my choice is
Adobe Flash.  Installing Gnash screws up Flash.  Right now, I can refuse to
update GNOME on Squeeze any further, but the time will come when that will
not be a viable option.  Why does GNOME require Gnash?  And what can I do to
put a stop to it?

I think this is why we have the whole testing process.

I kind of regretted writing that. I want Gnash to succeed. I would prefer a free and open choice, and I certainly hate Flash. I just want things to work.

Mark Allums