Re: :Loading LinuxEBDA is big" lilo error - PERMANENT fix?

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 13:10:14 -0400 (EDT), Stephen Powell wrote:
> If you want to make *sure* that it always gets run, you can create a
> hook script.  An example of this can be found in "Step 10:
> Customize the Kernel Installation Process" on the following
> web page: http://www.wowway.com/~zlinuxman/Kernel.htm

One thing I forgot to mention is that the generic "hook script"
method described in the web page above is for Squeeze systems
and later.  I don't know that it will work in Lenny systems.
For Lenny, you can invoke a hook script via the /etc/kernel-img.conf
file.  For example,

   postinst_hook = lilo
   postrm_hook = lilo

--