Re: Aptitude wish list item

Bob Cox wrote:
On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 17:09:05 -0400, Wayne (linuxtwo@gmail.com) wrote:
After downloading the buggy openoffice suite for the 3rd time in the past month. I would like to propose a new feature for aptitude.

How about apt-listbugs?

apt-listbugs -s all list openoffice.org

Sorry Bob, how does that prevent aptitude safe-upgrade from downloading packages that have bugs?

I know, and use, apt-listbugs very often now that testing is being deluged with buggy packages from sid, I use it very often, but that was not the question.

I could do aptitude -s safe-upgrade. Then run apt-listbugs with all of the proposed downloads. Then use aptitude to put all the buggy packages on hold. Then run aptitude-safe-upgrade again. then... Well you get the idea. I was trying to suggest a 'better way'.

Wayne