Re: enabling tap and circular scroll on touchpad and modern debian/X

On 17/03/2010 16:57, Sjoerd Hardeman wrote:
Micha Feigin schreef:
On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:29:08 +0200
Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> wrote:

Debian has been constantly playing around with the touchpad (input
device)
settings lately and broke my touchpad settings again.

How do I enable tapping and circular scrolling permanently (i.e each
boot) on
the touchpad again with the modern debian?

It used to be in xorg.conf then it was hal with a file in
/etc/hal/fdi/policy/,
what is it now?

I'm using debian unstable with xfce as windows manager (so gnome/kde
settings are
not relevant)

Thanks

Ok, if I get things correctly, I need to setup a udev rule for each mouse
(touchpad, trackpoint, bluetooth mouse) to set the options for each one.

Is there a reference somewhere as to how to do this?
I think you'll find some infor on
https://wiki.kubuntu.org/X/InputConfiguration

Dou you have a synaptics touchpad? When I get home, I can mail you my
udev rule for tapping and two-finger scrolling.

Sjoerd

Yes, it's a synaptic (it's a thinkpad t61)

thanks