Re: More Xorg

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 07:10:00 -0400 (EDT), Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:43:21 -0400 (EDT), Stephen Powell wrote:
>>    Chipset "GeForce 8300 GS"
>> in the "Device" section.  I have no idea if it will work.  It's a shot
>> in the dark.
>
> Sadly, no joy with that option, either.
>
> Once again, Stephen, thank you for all your assistance.

You're welcome, but I am disappointed too.  I'm curious to know what
the failure symptom was.  Did it complain that the chipset override was
invalid?  Or did it accept the chipset override but fail to initialize
the server?  Or did it work for a while and then freeze up?  What was
the symptom of the failure?

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinuxman@wowway.com>
 : :'  :