Re: Aptitude wish list item

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 13:44 +0100, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 09:47:55 +0100, Wolodja Wentland wrote:

>> Nobody will manually verify each package that is going to be installed.

> apt-listbugs list $(aptitude -F%p search '~U')

Thanks for the aptitude-fu, but I don't think that I'll do that every
time before I'll upgrade some packages. It also seems as if it is not
possible to put these packages on hold *from within apt-listbugs*.

I know that this is easily solved with a little more aptitude-fu, but
still ... what's wrong with execting apt-listbugs *before* any package
is downloaded?

I think that the proposed change in apt-listbugs is valid and would
endorse it as the effect will be the same, with the important difference
that it saves time, bandwith, money and results in less downloads from
the mirrors.
--
  .''`.     Wolodja Wentland    <wentland@cl.uni-heidelberg.de>
 : :'  :