Re: More Xorg

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 14:38:07 -0400 (EDT), Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 23:08:56 -0400 (EDT) Stephen Powell wrote:
>>    Chipset "G80"
>> in the "Device" section might work.  I'm not making any promises.
>
> Unfortunately, it didn't, but thanks for the tip.
>
>> If it doesn't, look in /var/log/Xorg.0.log for error messages.
>> Sometimes, if you give an invalid value for Chipset it will list
>> what the valid values are, and you may find something there that
>> is close enough to work.
>
> Sadly not, in this case.   :-(

OK, well, I have one more suggestion.  From reading the list of
supported chipsets for the nv driver, it looks like the closest match
is "GeForce 8300 GS".  Let's try

   Chipset "GeForce 8300 GS"

in the "Device" section.  I have no idea if it will work.  It's a shot
in the dark.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinuxman@wowway.com>
 : :'  :