Re: linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-686 causing grub problems: alphabetical

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 10:29:16 -0400 (EDT)
Stephen Powell <zlinuxman@wowway.com> wrote:

Hello Stephen,

> Again, is there no way to set a default in grub2?  Is there no
> way, for example, to make the last-booted kernel the default kernel?

Modify /etc/default/grub to point to the relevant stanza, then run
grub-update. Changes made directly to /boot/grub/grub.cfg will get
overwritten next update, of course.  Savedefault also work, IIRC.
Although I have never used that option myself.

--
 Regards  _

The man in a tracksuit attacks me
I Predict A Riot - Kaiser Chiefs