Re: Setting up HP J4580 on Debian?

On 2010-03-15 22:15, Michael Yang wrote:
[snip]

From the error_log, I found this info:
 E [15/Mar/2010:18:01:39 -0400] [cups-driverd] Bad driver information file
"/usr/share/cups/drv/sample.drv"!

It looks like it was loading the wrong driver. However, there is another
.drv file under "/usr/share/cups/drv/hp/hpcups.drv". I can find the support
information for this printer in the hpcups.drv. So then ... how to load this
hpcups.drv instead of sample.drv it loaded as shown in error_log?

Good question, and beyond my knowledge. Hope it sets you on the right path, though!

--
Obsession with "preserving cultural heritage" is a racist impediment
to moral, physical and intellectual progress.