Re: escputil won't clean printer heads

On 2010-03-15 11:57, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
On my Lenny system, I installed the following packages:  cupsys cupsys-bsd
cupsys-client libcupsimage2 cups-driver-gutenprint cupsys-driver-gutenprint
gs-esp escputil.  Everything seems to go fine with printing, and also ink level
is correctly detected with: `escputil -i -r /dev/usb/lp0'.  Only, when I do:

 $ escputil -c

to clean printer's heads, nothing happens.

ISTM that if you need specify /dev/usb/lp0 to specify which printer to determine ink level from, shouldn't you do the same for cleaning heads?

Please help with this issue.  My old printer is an Epson C20UX.

Thanks for any help
Rodolfo

P.S.: the printer's heads are properly cleaned with MS Windows utility.

Like the recent HP 1120 thread, maybe the driver for that old printer doesn't have that functionality?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given
us arms."  Mike Ditka