Re: Gnucash segfaults

On Mon, 2010-03-15 at 19:11 +0100, Johan Grönqvist wrote:
> John A. Sullivan III skrev:
> > Hello, all.  We are in the process of switching from Ubuntu 8.0.4 to
> > Debian Lenny plus selected backports (e.g., OpenOffice, IceWeasel).
> > Since donig so, GnuCash (2.2.6-2) seg faults every time we try to open
> > an account.
>

> This sounds similar to the description
>

> ------------------
> Package: gnucash
> Version: 2.2.6-2
> Severity: important
>
> When I open GnuCash and try to open an account, GnuCash has a
> segmentation fault.  This occurs irregardless of the account and
> whether I open it by double-clicking on it or by selecting it and
> pressing the Open button.
> -----------------
>

> at <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=520055> which I
> found by googling for <gnucash "error 6 in
> libgncmod-register-gnome.so">. Perhaps there is some information there
> that can help.
<snip>
Thanks. I had read some of the various bug reports that intimate the
problem is libglib2.  Downgrading to an earlier version is not an option
as it breaks both OpenOffice and IceWeasel.  I inferred from the bugs
that newer versions of GnuCash should work but

apt-get -t testing install gnucash

as well as unstable, squeeze, and sid, all report that I have the latest
gnucash.  I'm not sure what to do next.  Thanks again - John