Re: instalation issue

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 08:52:24 -0400 (EDT), Germana Oliveira wrote:
> If i have an HP with an Intel Centrino, 64bit, should i dowload the iso for
> amd64 or 32?? or amd64 is just for AMD ¿?

I am not an expert on this; but if it's a 64-bit processor, you probably
want amd64 unless it's an Itanium, in which case you want ia64.  Look
through the literature to see if your processor has EM64T support.  If it
does, you want amd64.  See http://www.debian.org/ports/ for more information.
i386 will probably also work, but if you have more than 4G of RAM you will not
be able to exploit it to maximum effect unless you are running a 64-bit port.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinuxman@wowway.com>
 : :'  :