Re: aptitude package filtering

Florian Kulzer skrev:
On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 17:23:11 -0400, Yavuz Yetim wrote:

If I understand you correctly then I think the "narrowing" search
pattern/operator is what you want:

aptitude search '~S ~i ~Atesting'

I thought so too, but when I tested, aptitude lists acpi as installed from stable, although it is not the version form stable. Have I missed something?

johan-laptop:/home/johan# aptitude search '~S ~i ~Astable' | grep acpi
i acpi - displays information on ACPI devices i A acpid - Advanced Configuration and Power Interface
johan-laptop:/home/johan# apt-cache policy acpi
acpi:
  Installerad: 1.4-2
  Kandidat: 1.4-2
  Versionstabell: