Re: aptitude package filtering

Yavuz Yetim skrev:
I would like to list all packages installed from testing. How can I do
that? First limiting to ~installed and then searching ~archive(testing)
gives me packages that are installed and available in testing and that's
not what I want.

I was going to suggest the command

aptitude search "?narrow(?archive(testing), ?installed)"

but then I realized that in some cases it does not work as I expected, so I will just suggest looking at narrow in the documentation [0], and then deciding for yourself if it does what you want.

[0]: http://algebraicthunk.net/~dburrows/projects/aptitude/doc/en/ch02s03s05.html

/ johan