Re: aptitude package filtering

On 2010-03-14 16:23, Yavuz Yetim wrote:
Hi,

I would like to list all packages installed from testing. How can I do
that? First limiting to ~installed and then searching ~archive(testing)
gives me packages that are installed and available in testing and that's
not what I want. For example, I have evolution 2.22 from stable. So,
~installed matches evolution 2.22, so package evolution is in the list
and ~archive(testing) matches evolution because evolution 2.28 is in
testing. However, I don't want to see evolution in the list because I
want only the packages that are installed from testing (not the ones
that are installed and available in testing). If it is not installed
from testing, I don't want to see it. How can I do that? I hope the
explanation was clear.

I'd do something like:
  $ apt-show-versions | grep testing | egrep "uptodate|upgradeable"

I'm an apt-get guy, though, and it might not match the aptitude database.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given
us arms."  Mike Ditka