Re: pen drive without format and can not find it

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 12:57:44 -0430, Germana Oliveira wrote:

> I have a pen drive and recently my debian can not find it because
> suddenly lose its format, so debian does not recognize it, don't even
> mount it.

Maybe it's damaged or just died. How you tried to attach it into another
computer?

>  With dmesg it says the pen drive is in sda but
> #ls /dev/sda or /dev/sda1
> does not exist in /dev ¿?
>
> How can i find my pen drive ???? so i can format it.

If the flash drive is not physically damaged but partition table is
broken or lost, you can try with some recover data tools, such "TestDisk".

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

Greetings,

--
Camaleón