Re: Virtualbox-3.1

Frank J Niertit:

> First of all let me thank you for a great system. You have made my
> life a lot better.

You're welcome. Not that I (or most other persons reading this list)
am a DD, but still. :)

> But there is always a but. I cannot load
> Virtualbox-3.1. I am reliant on it in order to run Windows on top of
> Debian in an office environment. I cannot get people to use just
> your work so I have to comply. However it is much easier to back up
> and maintain Windows from Virtualbox. I am trying to deploy 10
> machines at this time but I am unable to load Virtualbox. An error
> message keeps coming up telling me that it has been temporarily
> moved. Is there any way for you to still let me load the system with
> the same load I have now while you work on whatever the problem is.

You spent quite a lot of words revealing almost nothing about your
problem. What I understood is that you have some problem running (or
installing?) Virtualbox, but it is unclear what you have tried to do and
how exactly it failed.

Nevertheless, let me have a guess: could it be that you are trying to
install the package 'virtualbox-3.1' on a lenny system? That won't work
because lenny only contains only 'virtualbox-ose', version 1.6 (3.0 if
you have backports.org in your sources.list).

But don't keep us guessing. Tell us what your goal is, how you tried to
reach that goal, what you expected to happen and what happened instead.

J.
--
After the millenium I would tell lies only to those who deserved them.
[Agree]   [Disagree]