Re: install debian without screen (on guruplug)

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 01:58:50PM +0100, Julien Vehent wrote:
> Hi Debian folks,
>
> I was considering testing this little piece of hardware that guruplug is.
> http://www.newit.co.uk/shop/proddetail.php?prod=GuruPlug-Server
>
> Very attractive, but no vga output. So, next question is: how do I install
> lenny without a display ?...
>
> Any clue ?

If you haven't already purchased the hardware, please consider looking at
these fine little computers: http://www.pcengines.ch/alix.htm

There's also a Voyage Linux target for this hardware platform:
http://linux.voyage.hk/ Basically Debian that boots from compact flash, runs
in RAM, and retains and has apt capability.

Using Voyage from an ALix without VGA, one only needs to power up the board
and SSH for configuration. There's also a serial console available.