Re: Q about aptitude (was Re: where is angband?)

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 09:58:10PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 2010-03-10 21:42, Tom Furie wrote:
>>
>> Because he's using the aptitude tui (should that be c(urses)ui?). If a
>> referenced package is not available, then it shows (UNAVAILABLE) next to
>> the package name.
>>

> How would aptitude know about angband if OP didn't put non-free in
> sources.list?

The package angband-doc suggests angband. So if you're looking at the
details for angband-doc, but don't have non-free in your sources, then
the entry for angband in the "Suggests" section will have (UNAVAILABLE)
to the right of the name.

In my case, since I do have a non-free source entry, but don't have
angband installed, I see (UNSATISFIED) in the above scenario.

Cheers,
Tom

--
The egg cream is psychologically the opposite of circumcision -- it
*pleasurably* reaffirms your Jewishness.