Re: extracting vector graphics from a PDF

On Sun, Mar 07, 2010 at 08:59:23AM -0500, Steve Kleene uttered:
> Can anyone tell me how to extract a vector graphics image from a PDF?
>
> The PDF was created with LaTeX, so I'm pretty sure the image was incorporated
> as vector graphics (PS or EPS).  I am aware of pdfimages from the
> poppler-utils package, but it only handles raster graphics.
>
> I'd prefer to do this from Lenny but also tried XP.  Under XP, I have Acrobat
> 9.3.1 and Illustrator 9.0.  Illustrator couldn't open the PDF, and I couldn't
> find a way to export the image from Acrobat.

Using Acrobat Reader? It can't extract images ... You would need the
full commercial program, not the free Reader product to do this.

That said if you're still having difficulty, send the file that you
want the images extracted from and I'll take a look. First e-mail me
though so I can tell you where to upload the file to -- Don't send to
this e-mail address.