Re: Enigmail problem in icedove

On 2010-03-10 15:46, Merciadri Luca wrote:
that has been posted to linux.debian.user as well.

Hi,

I think that I have a special problem in Icedove's enigmail add-on. When I click `Send' to send my message, I am prompted for my PGP passphrase. No problem, I had configured this. However, if I mispell my passphrase, Icedove will continuously asks me for my passphrase til I type the good passphrase (i.e. the one that matches). That is normal, but if the first passphrase (which I type at the first dialog box) is mispelled, the resulting e-mail is completely weirdly transformed: sometimes, the accents are rendered as `=E2' or characters like these. This is the best case, as, sometimes, the sent e-mail is completely empty.

It seems to be a bug. Is there somebody else experiencing this problem? I think that I have filled a bug about it, but as I am having problems with MUAs/MTAs for a while, it is quite possible that this bug was not sent, actually.

Did you file the bug against icedove or enigmail?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given
us arms."  Mike Ditka