Debian 5 security issue

Hello.

In running sybaptic, to check for available system updates, I encountered the following message, and it is not the first time that I have encountered the message.

"Granted permissions without asking for password

The '/usr/sbin/synaptic' program was started with the privileges of the root user without the need to ask for a password, due to your system's authentication mechanism setup.

It is possible that you are being allowed to run specific programs as user root without the need for a password, or that the password is cached.

This is not a problem report; it's simply a notification to make sure you are aware of this."

I have not knowingly configured the system to institute this system security breach.

How do I eliminate this system security breach?

Thank you in anticipation.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale