Re: How to know if DVI connection is digital or analogue?

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 22:48:28 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> On 8 March 2010 16:16, Camaleón wrote:

>>> He is using the cable that came with the monitor.
>>
>> Can't he get a new one? Or at least, can't he determine what type of
>> cable is it? DVI-I, DVI-D... I find that a hardware solution is the
>> most appropiate (an easiest) method to be sure :-?
>>

> Why get a new cable? His current cable works fine.

Because is a cheap and easy way to assure the connection goes fully
digital.

> He just wants to know
> whether the video is analogue or digital, because in Windows on the same
> hardware he had to especially configure it to send digital.

Never heard from that situation. VGA and DVI outputs are very well
separated in both, graphic cards and displays :-?

Anyway, what tool is he using to achieve that (forcing windows going
digital) and what tool is being used to discern the signal type? That
will be quite interesting :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón