Re: NFS mount from a particuliar interface ?

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 1:40 AM, Frank Bonnet <f.bonnet@esiee.fr> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a Lenny server with two ethernet interfaces which is NFS CLIENT to a
> NETAPP filer
>
> I wonder if it would be possible to force NFS traffic to/from the filer on
> one ethernet interface and use the other interface for all other traffics ?
>
> like the following
>
> eth0 <------OTHER TRAFFIC----> LAN
> eth1 <------NFS ONLY --------> FILER NFS server

use

ip route

so presume

server A
eth0 192.168.11.10/24 normal traffic
eth1 192.168.11.11/24 nfs traffic

nfs

eth0 192.168.11.14/24

so on server a

you could have something like

192.168.11.0 dev eth0 src 192.168.11.10
192.168.11.0 dev eth1 src 192.168.11.11
default via eth0 src 192.168.11.10

you could add

ip route add 192.168.11.14/32 dev eth1 src 192.168.11.11

which says for all access to 192.168.11.14 use dev eth1 with src 192.168.11.11

so that will help with outbound traffic - inbound (from nfs to server
a) is a different matter. You will find eth0 will arp reply for
192.168.11.11 which means nfs replies will go to eth0 as well as maybe
eth1.

you could setup a permenant arp entry for 192.168.11.11 on
192.168.11.14 but .....

The other option is put the nfs server in a different subnet (not a
different ethernet broadcast segment) - so same switch different ip
network, this would stop eth0 being used over eth1

Alex