Re: help..."NIT" for Eaton Powerware 5110

On 2010-03-07 23:12, Data wrote:
Hello - I'm a newbie to Linux and have so far enjoyed the installation and learning.

I insalled "Lenny" last week and now want to install support for the Eaton Powerware 5110 UPS I have. It uses a USB connection.

The problem is that I can't do an "apt-get install nut" as the package is not found. Nor is "nut-dev". Its been a bit frustrating as so many googled pages talk about just doing the apt-get install nut yet for me it does not load....

I'm running Lenny in the console mode. No gnome or kde loaded.

I did an "apu-get update" and that made no difference.

I an "apt-get install build-essential" and same deal.. no change but is did load a lot of other stuff.

A lot of stuff that's only needed by software developers.

Can anyone help please?

$ apt-cache policy nut

On my system, it's:

$ apt-cache policy nut
nut:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 2.4.3-1
  Version table:
     2.4.3-1 0
        500 ftp://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/main Packages

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given
us arms."  Mike Ditka