gnome-ppp error

I can connect to my ISP through my phone modem using
gnome-ppp, but
then I get this error message:

--> Sending: (password)
Entering PPP mode.
Async interface address is unnumbered
(FastEthernet2/0/0)
Your IP address is 0.0.0.0.
MTU is 1500
bytes
Header compression is on.
--> Looks like a welcome
message.
--> Starting pppd at Sun Mar  7 03:16:55 2010
--> Pid of pppd: 23505
--> Disconnecting at Sun Mar  7
03:16:55 2010
--> The PPP daemon has died: pppd options error
(exit code = 2)
--> man pppd explains pppd error codes in more
detail.
--> I guess that's it for now, exiting
--> The PPP
daemon has died. (exit code = 2)

Error code 2 means that pppd
is getting conflicting options.
I don't have a ~/.ppprc file. The
/etc/ppp/options file says:

asyncmap 0
auth
crtscts
lock
hide-password
modem
proxyarp
lcp-echo-interval 30
lcp-echo-failure 4
noipx

These
options don't appear to conflict with each other. Do they?

gnome-ppp invokes wvdial, and maybe when wvdial invokes pppd
it
specifies some option which conflicts with one of the above.

Here's my /etc/wvdial.conf file, which I don't think is the problem:

[Dialer Defaults]
Init1 = ATZ
Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0
&C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
Modem Type = Analog Modem
Baud =
230400
New PPPD = yes
Modem = /dev/ttyUSB0
ISDN = 0
Phone = myISPphonenumber
Password = mypassword
Username =
myusername

Is there some log file I can access to show me what
is going on?

Thanks in advance!
David J. Bush