Re: Disabling Swap Activation Message

On 04/03/10 23:04, Andrew Reid wrote:
On Thursday 04 March 2010 22:12:59 Tech Geek wrote:
I installed Debian Lenny on my PC (/dev/hda1) without any swap partition. I
recompiled my kernel to boot without using an initrd.

After doing a find it seems that these messages are spitted out by scripts
mountall.sh and checkroot.sh files in /etc/init.d/ directory.

My question is what is the best way to disable these messages and the
associated function with those messages?

Should I just comment out the relevant swap portition in those two init
files?
   Seems cleaner to me to either boot with a "noswap" kernel option,
or edit /lib/init/vars.sh to always set NOSWAP to "yes".  Both
mountall and checkroot seem to check that variable.

Yes
   Of course, I haven't actually tried it, so it might not even work.
It works.
   If it does, my personal preference would be to change the default
boot options in the bootloader config -- I use grub, and it's already
customized to have the right "root=" line, so adding "noswap" to the
"kopt" line would be natural, and would be preserved automatically
across kernel updates.
Right.
				-- A.

   "You don't know where your shadow will fall",
        Somebody.-
 Ing. Olaf Reitmaier Veracierta<olafrv@gmail.com>
 Personal Web Page -- http://olafrv.com -- info@olafrv.com