Re: Minimum size for /home?

Pairing /home with either / or data files offers the greatest flexibility, but it doesn't accomplish what I'm trying to do. On the other hand, maybe I'm just trying to do it the hard way.

I looked at a handful of machines here and observed that a single user's home contained at least 640 MB of files. That's a machine on which Debian Lenny had been loaded recently and had never been connected to the Internet.

I'm leaning toward allocating 1 GB for each /home. Does that sound reasonable? It seems way too large to me. I suppose that if I later find that such a large /home isn't necessary, I could set aside a directory in /home to be used for data storage that didn't need to be shared. At least that way I wouldn't be wasting space.