Re: bigmem kernel

On 04/03/10 12:16, Marc Auslander wrote:

having installed the bigmem kernel package, should I then remove the regular kernel package?
No.

my concern is that if I don't, the next update to it will replace vmlinuz with the regular kernel.

False, the active kernel is update instead of second options.
or are the installers smart enough to avoid that?

No as smart as you think, but they update the runing kernel version (first on GRUB).

   "You don't know where your shadow will fall",
        Somebody.-
 Ing. Olaf Reitmaier Veracierta <olafrv@gmail.com>
 Personal Web Page -- http://olafrv.com -- info@olafrv.com