Re: Disabling Swap Activation Message

On 2010-03-04 21:12, Tech Geek wrote:
I installed Debian Lenny on my PC (/dev/hda1) without any swap partition. I recompiled my kernel to boot without using an initrd. Now when I boot to my base system, I still see following messages from the init scripts on my console: Activating swap...Done
Activating swapfile sawp...Done
After doing a find it seems that these messages are spitted out by scripts mountall.sh and checkroot.sh files in /etc/init.d/ directory. My question is what is the best way to disable these messages and the associated function with those messages? Should I just comment out the relevant swap portition in those two init files?

You could, but is there any real harm in the messages?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given
us arms."  Mike Ditka