Re: Disabling Swap Activation Message

On 2010-03-04 21:12, Tech Geek wrote:
I installed Debian Lenny on my PC (/dev/hda1) without any swap partition. I recompiled my kernel to boot without using an initrd. Now when I boot to my base system, I still see following messages from the init scripts on my console: Activating swap...Done
Activating swapfile sawp...Done
After doing a find it seems that these messages are spitted out by scripts mountall.sh and checkroot.sh files in /etc/init.d/ directory. My question is what is the best way to disable these messages and the associated function with those messages? Should I just comment out the relevant swap portition in those two init files?

You could, but is there any real harm in the messages?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given
us arms."  Mike Ditka