Re: megalomanic aptitude

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 06:41:24 -0500 (EST), Christoph Groth wrote:
> For years, I've been using apt-get happily.  Now I wanted to switch to
> aptitude because it is supposed to resolve conflicts better but I find
> myself unable to tame it.  Any hints are highly appreciated.

There was a recent post about this.  Search the archives for this list
(debian-user) for the month of February, 2010.  I don't remember the title,
but it had something to do with aptitude vs. apt-get.  The solution
had something to do with "keep-all", or something like that.  Sorry I
don't have time to look it up for you right now.  If you can't find it,
let me know.