Re: OpenOffice and Fluxbox, window sizing problem

Tyler Smith wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to use openoffice on Debian testing, with Fluxbox as my
window manager. I use the styles and formatting dropdown, and the
undocked window it provides when you click on the "more" option quite a
lot.

Styles & formatting in what, fluxbox or OO?

However, no matter how many times I manually resize the undocked
window, or set my preferences for this window to be relatively small and
placed off to one side of the screen, it is constantly resized to
maximize, obscuring everything on the screen. This happens whenever I
use alt-tab to bounce between windows.

I just brought up OO writer. Yes it takes up the whole screen. I then sized it to the size I wanted, right clicked on the titlle bar at the top, slected Remember, then clicked on the top 5 items and the Save on Close. Quit Writer and then selected it again. The OO writer window is as I had previously set. That works for most of the apps.

Typical example:

Open oowriter
Click on the apply-styles drop-down in the menubar
Click on the "more" style option
The entire screen is taken up by the "Styles and Formatting" window
Resize the "Styles and Formatting" window with the mouse or keyboard shortcuts
Open a second document
alt-tab between the two documents
the "Styles and Formatting" window is now maximized again!

I don't know if this is a fluxbox issue, or an OOO issue, but I've tried
setting appropriate options in .fluxbox/apps, and I can't override this
very annoying behaviour. Any help would be appreciated.

If I'm mistaken the styles/formatting are for the document, not the OO writer window.

Maybe I am not understanding you correctly.