Re: No audio on Acer One

* Rodolfo Medina [100228 14:01 +0100]
> * Rodolfo Medina [100228 12:05 +0100]
>
> >> I hear no sound on my Acer One netbook when running Mplayer.  All makes
> >> think of no working audio at all installed on the machine.  However, my
> >> Gnome toolbar shows the small volume icon top right regularly.  alsa and
> >> libasound2-dev are installed on Lenny.
>

> Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie@lxtec.de> writes:
>
> > Please send the outputs (done as $USER) of:
> >
> > $ dpkg -l | grep -E 'asound|alsa|oss'
> > $ cat /proc/asound/version
> > $ cat /proc/asound/cards
> > $ aplay -l
> > $ lsmod | grep snd
> > $ id
>

> Here it is.  Thanks for your help.

Everything looks fine. Check your mixer settings. Run
$ alsamixer
and check whether your Master or PCM or other output controls are
zeroed or muted. Muted ones can be unmuted by pressing 'm' when the
cursor is positioned at the respective control.

Elimar

--
  Numeric stability is probably not all that
  important when you're guessing;-)