Re: debian squeeze tmp directory no space left

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 02:01:00AM -0600, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> Johan Grönqvist put forth on 2/27/2010 1:05 AM:

[snip]

> No offense intended, but it sounds like some basic sysadmin skills are
> lacking.  Unneeded old log files should be deleted, as well as any junk left
> in /tmp.  User home directories should be pruned of unneeded excess files.
> Acting as a PTP service node can fill up a partition pretty quickly, no?

this is why i recommend putting /tmp /var/log on their own partitions

--
"Listen, Al Gore is a very tough opponent. He is the incumbent. He represents the incumbency. And a challenger is somebody who generally comes from the pack and wins, if you're going to win. And that's where I'm coming from."

	- George W. Bush
09/07/2000
Detroit, MI