Re: Recovered!! (was Re: Anyone Care to Critique my Apt Preferences? (was Re: apt-cacher as package rollback buffer))
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Recovered!! (was Re: Anyone Care to Critique my Apt Preferences? (was Re: apt-cacher as package rollback buffer))
- From: Tony Nelson <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:17:37 -0500
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20100227170408.GB24569@Europa.office> (from email@example.com on Sat Feb 27 12:04:08 2010)
On 10-02-27 12:04:08, Freeman wrote:
> Following the big xserver-org/mesa seg-fault/crash I was at grub
> playing space invaders.
> 1.) I could reach the diversion to maintenance mode where it
> recommended running e2fsck on mounted partitions, which I eventually
> did, reluctantly.
I would usually either boot from a "rescue" CD (or an installer and
choose Rescue mode), or add the kernel boot option "forcefsck" along
with the "ro" option (on both Debian and Red Hat systems).
> 2.) On restart I got up and running with errors flying everywhere,
> missing files and directories and frequent process failures.