Re: Recovered!! (was Re: Anyone Care to Critique my Apt Preferences? (was Re: apt-cacher as package rollback buffer))

On 10-02-27 12:04:08, Freeman wrote:
> Following the big xserver-org/mesa seg-fault/crash I was at grub
> playing space invaders.
>
> 1.) I could reach the diversion to maintenance mode where it
> recommended running e2fsck on mounted partitions, which I eventually
> did, reluctantly.

I would usually either boot from a "rescue" CD (or an installer and
choose Rescue mode), or add the kernel boot option "forcefsck" along
with the "ro" option (on both Debian and Red Hat systems).

TonyN.:'                       <mailto:tonynelson@georgeanelson.com>