Kernel panic - not syncing and some other strange things

Hi folks,
a few days ago I helped a friend find drivers for XP box (detecting with lspci and connecting on net with Live CD). When I came home and put that USB memory in my up to date Squeeze box I could not delete the directory with the drivers. Even as root.

Strangest of all, it was not driver.exe anymore, but a lot of strange data (as shown on pic below). I could not turn on terminal or any other programs.
I thought that KDE crashed and I was restarted box.

After the grub loading I got the following message:
# This is my swap uuid-12efe908-41a1-4c4d-9ad2-e9994ed6c603
kinit: name_to_dev_t(/dev/disk/by-uuid/12efe908-41a1-4c4d-9ad2-e9994ed6c603) =
dev(3,6)
kinit: trying to resume from /dev/disk/by-uuid/12efe908-41a1-4c4d-9ad2-e9994ed6c603
kinit: No resume image, doing normal boot...
run-init: /sbin/init: No such file or directory
[   4.316704] Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

I can't go to terminal or X.
I was comment in fstab swap but without sucess.
Live Parted Magic sad that swap is OK.

My first question is is it possible to "clean" kinit or is it better solution? I found lot of similar situations on the net but some doesn't work for me and for some I wasn't sure is it ok or not in my case.

Another strange thing is that i shared few movies from Squeeze box to Sid box and one movie (avi) was crushed like that driver.exe. This is pic: http://dobosevic.com/nix/usb.png driver.exe looks like that also.

My second question is what can be the cos for something like that? USB memory is 16gb fat Transcend and I'm formatted him after that driver issue.

Thanks for any help.
--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic