Re: netstat ?

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 12:48:32PM +0100, Javier Barroso wrote:
> 2010/2/24 Hadi Motamedi <motamedi24@hotmail.com>:
> >

> >> Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:14:33 +0000
> >> From: jmtd@debian.org
> >> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> >> Subject: Re: netstat ?

> >> What is the actual protocol you are trying to read? You
> >> probably need to use a friendly protocol dissector to read
> >> and interpret your packet capture. Wireshark can do this.
> >>
> >> # tcpdump src 172.16.4.1 -w output-file
> >> $ sudo wireshark output-file

I think we have already been down this path before, I told Hadi to use
wireshark to looking to the packet and if it was a known protocol it
would decipher it.

Hadi tried this on a windows box, and the protocol doesn't seems to be a
known one.

I think he is looking for somebody to hand hold him through deciphering
a protocol.

start of previous thread

> >> --
> >> Jon Dowland

[snip]

--
"...they're confident there are still Saddamists who are threatening people and carrying out attacks."

	- George W. Bush
09/15/2006
Washington, DC
commenting on the Iraqi government at a White House Press Conference